Radically healthy custom tiny home
This tiny house is a celebrity! It was featured in Tiny Home show Living Big in a Tiny Home.
Built 09/2016. CSA certified (Z240).
10’x30’ triple axle steel trailer
loft with 2 bedrooms
separate office space
This house was built with health and top-quality in mind from A to Z :
– Optimal air quality with Lunos heat exchange ventilation system (https://lunos.de/en) and no plywood inside (just solid wood) for better air quality.
The air quality inside matches that of outside.
– High efficiency insulation : 2’’x6’’ framing. Roxul rock wool insulation and triple pane aluminum windows.
– Pro-Clima self-drying building envelope installed with the expertise of specialized engineer. This house breathes and does not trap any moisture.
( intello-plus and solitex-mento-1000 membranes from https://foursevenfive.com )
– Propane Jotul fireplace with thermostat. It is so nice to wake up in the morning to a nice and warm home. It looks very much like a wood fireplace so you can enjoy the warm feeling of the glowing hearth.
– Nature’s head composting toilet. Absolutely no smell. One of the best composting toilets available on the market.
– Dual electrical system (12V / 110V). Off grid ready. Shielded wiring to keep electro magnetic field (EMF) as low as possible. EMF is so low it can hardly be measured in the house.
Modifications can be carried out by the original builder to suit your needs (adding washer-dryer for example).