- Updated On:
- May 13, 2022
About the Listing:
Beautifully crafted 500sqft home built in 2021 2 bedroom (one small downstairs and master loft). Many bespoke features that make this house special. Large windows throughout integrate this living space with the surrounding landscape. Price includes all utility and appliances listed below as well as all custom shelving, kitchen cabinets, extendable dining table, and cast iron clawfoot tub. Price excludes moving and reassembly. I can do this for 12k in 3weeks anywhere within the Cowichan valley. Additional cost for delivery off-island and discount available if you can help with moving the house. We can talk.
The home is built of pre fabricated panels each approximately 4’x8’ and assembled together with high shear strength GRK screws enabling the home to be taken apart and reassembled. The panels are light enough for 2 people to carry into any (remote) location inaccessible to vehicles or cranes. The price includes concrete cinder block foundation; however excludes any earthworks required to level the site. Could also be placed on a strip footing if preferred.
The 500sqft is broken up as follows:
– 80sqft covered outdoor entranceway and utility space
– 100sqft living/ dining (8ft ceiling)
– 100sqft kitchen/ stairs to loft (vaulted 10ft and 14ft ceilings)
– 60sqft bedroom
– 40sqft bathroom
– 100sqft loft (6ft ceilings)
– 20sqft office retrofitted into 14ft vaulted section.
– custom built couch with 4” natural faom with underneath storage
– Fireplace with slate surround
– Fold out teak table seats 5-7 people
– Teak countertops with large pull out cutting surface – 2x stainless steel sink – Fridge and freezer
– Under stairs storage pantry Bedroom
– price includes upper bunk frame that opens up lower floor space
– Custom built shelves
– Vinyl flooring
– Clawfoot tub
– Space for composting toilet or conventional toilet.
Loft Master Bedroom
– accessed via solid staircase
– 6ft ceiling
– Custom shelf and cloths hanging rod
– Openable window provides great natural ventilation for entire house
– A/C unit
– Metal roof
– All panels are insulated with pink insulation
– 2×6 construction for walls under loft. The rest is 2×4 16”o/c
– Each panel is wrapped interior vapour barrier and exterior tyvek moisture barrier.
– Tyvek of each panel overlaps and is taped before finishing shingles are tucked in place.
– Interior finish for the most part is pre finished birch. Exterior cedar shingles
– On demand gas hot water heater connects to hose and into clawfoot tub
– Kitchen sink currently has cold water only
– Bathroom currently has composting toilet
Cast iron wood stove. EPA certified. 12”x24” including top cooking surface.
Chimney is 6” double walled inside and proper chimney sections through wall and up.
– Fridge included in the price
– Gas camping stove in kitchen works surprisingly well!
– Electrical is minimal – simple extension cords with splitters in strategic locations
– A/C unit I designed and built this house so can add/ modify the space as you need such as adding a room or adding a utility.
If you would like a home built specifically for you, I would be more than happy to discuss your needs and build your dream home using similar modular panels.