- Updated On:
- June 6, 2022
- 1 Bedrooms
About the Listing:
Professionally built tiny house, designed and built for self-sufficient, minimalist off-grid lifestyle (can also be plugged in to the grid or a generator, which definitely makes things easier in the Winter). Could also be a great creative space/studio. Everything you need to be comfortable with an eye on energy-efficiency and simplicity.
– Steel box frame 22x8x13.5ft, tandem axle, 5950 lbs dry weight (can be towed with a half ton truck, altho 3/4 or 1 ton would be obviously better). Trailer brakes have been checked last Fall and are in great shape.
– 2x wood framing – spray foam insulation R-17 floor and walls / R-24 ceiling (REALLY well insulated for both colder and warmer months)
– wood stove (+ back up propane furnace)
– 3 burner propane stove and oven
– water tank, pump and all lines are inside for 4-season use.
– the bathroom is a custom fiberglass shower pan. I’ve been living off-grid for many years so I’m used to having very rustic showers. There is a dedicated water line that goes to the bathroom which I haven’t used because in the end I preferred showering using a manual pump/tank/camp shower with boiled water. The buyer could add one of these propane water heater systems such as the Happybuy 6L 1.6GPM Tankless Propane Water Heater, could discuss that with you). – no pictures of shower as I am currently improving it with plexiglass walls.
– As for human necessities, where I currently am located, I have access to a pit toilet so didn’t need to have a toilet inside the tiny house, but it’d be quite easy to add a movable dry/compost toilet (been using this system for many years in my vans and campers, it is great and makes things so much easier than septic or RV toilets).
– custom cabinets and countertops
– shiplap cedar and LP SmartSide siding
– cedar shingle roof with curved skylight
– laminate vinyl flooring – spacious bedroom loft with queen-size bed
– 500W solar panel with inverter and 30A panel
Trailer is registered in BC so transfer would be really easy. The reason of the sale is that I am looking to buy property and you’re probably aware of prices around here…
I’ve been the only person who lived in this tiny house in all its existence. It’s been a year now, loved every minute of it as it is quite cosy and peaceful… there is also a lot of room for tiny improvements if you wanted to make it even more homey to your convenience.
I have lived throughout the seasons without any problem, winter included which is not a piece of cake up here in the Okanagan Highlands at 4200 ft, so I can vouch for its sturdiness and livability especially if you live down in the valley. (I have a youtube channel where i’ve shared a lot of my life in it, can give you the links if you’re interested in seeing the tiny house “live”)